Saturday, August 15, 2009

Wild Alaska Fishing Cruise "Fish On"


We had a wonderful Wild Alaskan Fishing Cruise, I have to say this fishing trip was absolutely perfect. Fabulous scenic way to see the true wild Alaska. Fishing 350 miles of the inside passage from Juno down to the channels and fjords of Chat ham Strait. Our Captain Larry Larson and wife Susie, and their outstanding crew. I can't say enough about the Perseverance crew, our Fishing Guide Ricky Gonzales, to Chef Joshua Young and Niles Deck Hand also Captain Don. We did have the most adventurous time fishing the calm waters. Amazing wildlife through out the trip, huge pods of humpback whales, bald eagles, sea lions, bears and dolphins. Most amazing part was watching the whales breach and dive, and listening to the whale calls. I did have a hard time getting used to be waited on, bait my hook, take my fish off, clean them, and come back to cocktails and gourmet meal dinning in the most pristine Alaskan back drop. Ok, well maybe not that hard, but it was hard reeling in 42 lb halibut. Thanks to Sir Ricky I was able to land my huge halibut, not the biggest ever caught in Alaska but it was a nice one. Everyday we explored so many wonderful fjords, a true majestic wonderland. Our group of wonderful shipmates, we had a wonderful time getting to know each one. With loads of fresh coho and pink salmon, halibut and rock fish we made our way back to home. And each time I cook our Alaskan fish, I think about our wonderful fishing cruise with Wild Alaska Fishing Cruises, thank you Larry and the Perseverance crew. Check out our Alaskan fishing vacation photos at Chenille's Flicker Photo's http://www.flickr.com/photos/17622241@N03/sets/72157621930976659/

No comments: